If you don’t need an editor or beta reader for your book, but you still want me to look it over for forensic science/courtroom/legal/police procedural accuracy, just let me know! I will use my 7 years of experience as a forensic scientist and science-teaching skills to provide you with accurate information in an easy-to-understand way.
You can choose to have me look over your book manuscript itself or arrange a 1-on-1 chat with me through video chat or a phone call to ask questions.
If you are an attorney, member of law enforcement, publisher, or member of the media and need forensic DNA consulting services, please contact me and let me know how I can help you.
How It Works
- Go to my Contact page and send me an email and let me know if you are interested in a phone/video consult or book consult.
- If you want me to check your book, please provide the following information in the body of the email:
- Title/genre of book
- Short summary/blurb
- Length of book
- Desired turnaround time
- I will reply and let you know my availability for your desired turnaround time or call time frame.
- Based on the anticipated length of the book or number of hours of consulting that you need, I will give you a quote of the final price.
- I require 50% of the final amount before I officially add you to my calendar. This deposit is nonrefundable. We will also sign a short contract that details the scope of the service, start and end dates, and payment terms.
- I work in Microsoft Word or PDF format. I use the comment feature to annotate your manuscript.
- When I am finished with the book consult, I will send an email and an invoice for the remaining balance. Once the invoice is paid, I will return your completed manuscript.
- For a phone/video consult, I suggest sending me a list of questions or topics at least 48 hours before our call. It’s not required, but I highly recommend that you do this to maximize your time and get the most value for your money. If there are any questions that I can’t answer right away during the call, I will do additional research and send you follow-up information via email within 5 business days (at no additional charge).
- If you choose to use me as your copy editor, you will enjoy a 10% discount on those services. Please go to my Copyediting service page for more details.
Please note, the prices listed below are special discounted consulting rates for self-published writers. Attorneys, law enforcement, publishers, or members of the media have different rates.
0–4,999 words: $50
5,000–9,999 words: $75
10,000–14,999 words: $100
15,000–19,999 words: $150
20,000–24,999 words: $200
25,000–50,000 words: $249
50,001–74,999 words: $300
75,000–99,999 words: $350
100,000+ words: $400
$100 per hour, billed in 30-minute increments of $50 after the first hour
Minimum charge: $100
All phone/video consult fees must be paid in full prior to the call.