If you don’t need an editor or beta reader for your book, but you still want me to look it over for forensic science accuracy, just let me know! I will use my 7 years of experience as a forensic scientist and science-teaching skills to provide you with accurate information in an easy-to-understand way.
You can choose to have me look over your book manuscript itself or arrange a 1-on-1 chat with me through video chat or phone call to ask questions.
If you are an attorney, member of law enforcement, publisher, or member of the media and need forensic DNA consulting services, please contact me and let me know how I can help you.
How It Works
- Go to my Contact page and send me an email or fill out the contact form and let me know if you are interested in a phone/video consult or book consult. If you want me to check your book, please provide the following information in the body of the email:
- Title/genre of book
- Short summary/blurb
- Length of book
- Desired turnaround time
- I will reply and let you know my availability for your desired turnaround time or call time frame.
- Based on the anticipated length of the book or number of hours of consulting that you need, I will give you a quote of the final price.
- For book consults, I require 50% of the final amount before I officially add you to my calendar. This deposit is nonrefundable. We will also sign a short contract that details the scope of the service, start and end dates, and payment terms.
- For a book consult, I work in Microsoft Word or PDF format. I will use the comment feature to annotate your manuscript.
- When I am finished with the book consult, I will send an email and an invoice for the remaining balance. Once the invoice is paid, I will return your completed manuscript.
- If you are booking a phone/video consult, you should send me a list of questions or topics at least 48 hours before our call. I recommend doing this to maximize your time and get the most value for your money. If there are any questions that I can’t answer right away during the call, I will do additional research and send you follow-up answers via email within 5 business days (at no additional charge).
- If you choose to use me as your copy editor, you will enjoy a 5% discount on those services. Please go to my copyediting service page for more details.
Please note, the prices listed below are special discounted consulting rates for self-published writers. Attorneys, law enforcement, publishers, or members of the media have different rates.
0–24,999 words: $200*
25,000–50,000 words: $249
50,001–74,999 words: $300
75,000–99,999 words: $350
100,000+ words: $400
*Recommended if you only need me to look at a specific part of your book (e.g. a few chapters). These must be complete chapters. You cannot cut/paste all the forensic parts of your book into a separate document to aim for a discounted word bin (how sneaky!).
$160 per hour, billed in 15-minute increments of $40
If you are unsure how long the call will take, I require you to book one hour at $160. If the call is less than one hour, I will refund a prorated portion of your payment.
All phone/video consult fees must be paid in full prior to the call.